COMING IN APRIL 2024 - NEW 3RD EDITION OXFORD HANDBOOK OF ADDICTION MEDICINE !
Published by Oxford University Press
Edited by a global team of addiction specialists in multiple disciplines:
John B. Saunders, David J. Nutt, Susumu Higuchi, Sawitri Assanangkornchai, Henrietta Bowden-Jones, Wim van den Brink, Yvonne Bonomo, Vladimir Poznyak, Andrew J. Saxon, Sir John E. Strang
The third edition of Addiction Medicine offers unparalleled global coverage of addiction medicine practice in a concise and portable handbook. Guided by international professional curricula, this evidence-based book is a valuable resource for students, medical practitioners and the broad range of health care professionals who have responsibilities for the care of persons with addictive disorders in a variety of settings around the world. Detailed guidance on management of these disorders is provided.
Pre-order the 3rd edition of Addiction Medicine (Receive 30% off with discount code AMPROMD9)
- New content includes: digital health approaches including artificial intelligence (AI), the therapeutic use of psychoactive substances, personalised medicine, and changes in the legal context of substance use and addictive behaviours.
- Principles and practices of diagnosis and management, including emergency situations, and brief intervention approaches.
- Nine chapters on the major substance groups with each providing a comprehensive account of the clinical features, diagnosis and management of disorders related to these substances.
- Chapters devoted to electronic and behavioural addictions with specific chapters for gambling and on-line/video gaming.
- Comprehensive coverage of the management of addictive disorders experienced by specific groups, such as those with comorbid mental health disorders, and in specific circumstances and settings, together with a summary of ethical and legal issues.
- A series of appendices which cover diagnostic criteria for substance use and addictive disorders and practical tools to aid management.
- Suggestions for further reading in each chapter including publications up to end-2023.
2nd edition Addiction Medicine still available. Order Online Here